Sunday, September 15, 2013

Awesome News

The League of Utah Writers held it's annual Convention at the Airport Hilton this weekend. I entered the first chapter of, "The Singing Stones of Rendor" into the contest. I hoped it would get an honorable mention or perhaps third place. 

It took "First Place" in the Leagues "First Chapter Category". My wildest dreams are possible, afterall. Judith, my wife and muse, deserves a great deal of the credit for this chapter because she suggested it in the first place. Then there are all my beta readers who have, and still do, contribute to the refinement of the book. Thank you all.


Though they spelled my name wrong the certificate is proudly posted below.




When this chapter was finished, and I applied all those hard-learned lessons, I felt very good about it. It had undergone a number of revisions which all came together to surprise even me. My muse gushed about it and said it was wonderful, but, you know . . . she might be a bit biased. My beta readers caught a few errors and made suggestions about expanding some significant points. 


In the end, with the League of Utah Writers Award, I feel like my skills have reached a milestone. It may be the first public milestone on a long road, but at least I'm on the right/write road. 


Thank you, beta readers.


Please join me on facebook. I have an author's page which will compliment this blog.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/NWKnudsen/549321498467365

1 comment:

  1. As the kids would say: This. Is. Awesome! And well deserved, too-- Just a glance into your writing future where larger and larger groups of people will get to take in your fantastic storytelling and sneak away into the worlds you create. So grateful to have been among the first~

    Michelle/Ella

    ReplyDelete