Monday, April 25, 2022

Half Way Point.

    Never underestimate life. Its ups and downs are fascinating and frustrating to the point of exhaustion. My muse continues to have trouble with her health, and we have to rely more and more on outside help. Still, she remains remarkably upbeat and robust. She is the basis for all the strong women in the Eidolon Series. She also expects me to write, which I am happy to do.

    However, her expectations and the joy I get in writing are hampered by near-constant interruptions during the day. Many writers I'm acquainted with work around this minor inconvenience by writing late into the night. They are also 30 to 50 years younger than me. 

    No excuses, right? That's what I said in a more recent post. Well, I have slowed down but haven't quit. Book 3, The Anvil of Rendor (working title), is now more than 50% complete (save for edits). It stands at 80,000+ words with an expected word count of about 150K.

    Time to write is found in the times between and betwixt the interruptions. Some days the total words are considerably more than others. Those other times can be as little as 100 words. Nevertheless, progress is being made. 

    So, despite a strong start at the beginning of the year, the project has slowed. Nevertheless, my muse and Alpha readers are very encouraging. That thrills me. I will see to it the work is done.

    By the way, I expect there will be maps in Book 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment