Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Online Book Club on Super Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Tonight I just spent a fun hour and a half chatting with members of an online book club. Konstanz Silverbow invited me a couple of months ago and, for some reason, I was in the mood to get out of my comfort zone.

The event started off rather slow and I was afraid no one would show up. My fears were allayed after the Konstanz got through the early business of the book club and pulled me into the conversation. From there it took off and my fingers were flying in an effort to respond to questions and comments. Everyone was very kind and interested in "The Singing Stones of Rendor."

Some of my acquaintances who took part in the development of the book showed up and gave me a lift. Many thanks to Ernie Lawrence and Jeremy Beard who taught me a lot about the art and still follow my progress. One of my editors, Tristi Pinkston, showed up too. She said it was for the cheesecake, which was a prize to a local eatery. She is a woman of taste.

All-in-all it was a great time and I saw a nice jump in the number of downloads for the book. I'm hoping the reviews generated from this event will be favorable and get it to that magic 50+ ratings/reviews on Amazon.

Thanks everyone, I appreciated your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment